And now for something completely random. Well, actually a couple somethings.
So, Halloween evening after trick-or-treating (or rather, trunk-or-treating, but let’s not split hairs here), I drove to pick up a pizza with my little sister-in-law who is visiting for a few days. As we set off to drive home, we saw a man in a full gorilla suit riding a bicycle in the parking lot. (So cool — we’re at the circus!)
And on the radio we heard Ghost, by the Indigo Girls. Love that song, it’s been way too long since I listened to any Indigo Girls. But see, it’s funny, cuz Halloween, right?
So now I want to make a playlist of Halloween songs. Kinda like that though, some officially Halloween (like Thriller and Monster Mash), but others more creatively so. And I want your suggestions everyone! It requires some unorthodox thinking, but I have faith in y’all. Here’s what I have so far, and the reasons.
- Monster Mash
- Everybody (Backstreet Boys, on account of the video, y’know)
- Ghost (Indigo Girls)
- Space Cowboy (cuz it’s funny and doesn’t it sound like a costume?)
- Little Red Riding Hood (it’s an oldie, and awesome)
- Ophelia (Natalie Merchant – creepy sounding, and all the different roles)
- Secret Agent Man
- Kryptonite (or is it called “Will You Still Call Me Superman”?)
- I Should’ve Been a Cowboy, or maybe Guess That’s Just the Cowboy in Me
- Walk Like an Egyptian
- All Star (this might be a bit of a stretch, but hey…)
- Phantom of the Opera (okay, I have a soft spot for musicals)
Not just titles, either, it can be in the lyrics. Anything to do with disguise, or something you might dress up as, etc — all you have to do is make a plausible connection. Are there any songs by Smashing Pumpkins that would work? Wouldn’t that be perfect… Or some pop-ish song associated with Harry Potter?
And you must leave a comment and tell me about it! That’s an important step too. Go to it!