Feeling overwhelmed and adrift. Not that this is an unknown, or even unusual sensation for me. But today I’ll try cataloging a little of what I have done…
- Made “6 week Bran Muffins” – the batter, and a dozen muffins. The remainder of the batter goes into the frig to be used later. I overcooked them by I’m not sure how long, but they still seem fairly tasty. Recipe from Owlhaven‘s Family Feasts book.
- Called my mom to consult on kid constipation issues. Made brown rice and veggies for children and me. (Ah, simplicity!) Talked about other health things. Sigh.
- Washed dishes. By hand! Big ones that don’t fit so well into the dishwasher.
- Ate some of the pumpkin seeds I roasted yesterday. They taste rather like popcorn.
- Read some blogs.
- Put some photos on my computer (ongoing).
- Listened to my kids “playing Pokemon.” It’s like the perfect game for them – my daughter plays the role of all the pokemon (which are animals as far as she’s concerned), my son wears his Indy costume and carries a plastic ball as his pokeball, and I eavesdrop and try not to bust out laughing when they do the “pokedex” computer-ish voice, but making up all their own details.
Other things to do:
- Deal with the apples we picked last week before they go bad, dangit.
- Homeschool (how to do this plus everything else? or anything else? how to become a better multitasker, or at least a more focused tasker, period. Getting off the computer would probably be step one.)
- Clean the disaster zone house. (We kept it clean for like a week – maybe even two! Then we got sick.)
- Dinner (why so onerous?)
- Daughter to dance class later.
It looks a little better than it feels. Though I feel a little better at present. Which is a good change – sometimes I blog and just feel worse from all the negativity I’m trying not to spew onto the interwebs. Because who really wants to read that?
P.S. I absolutely ADORE this List. You must check it out.